Who We Are – Ovagen Group Limited
We are an innovation based biotechnology company that has developed a proprietary process of producing the world’s first Germ Free eggs, for use in vaccine manufacture and other pharmaceutical and research applications. Germ free eggs are the highest quality products available to produce medicines like vaccines, reducing contamination and the need for antimicrobials, as well as improving sustainability and environmental impacts.
We also specialise in avian transgenic technology and have a fully equipped transgenic laboratory.
As the first company in the world to produce commercial quantities of Germ Free eggs from our state-of-the-art avian facility, we have recently been awarded €10M funding by the European Commission and plans are in place to build two additional Germ Free production facilities and a logistics building, to scale-up production to four million Germ Free eggs annually.
At Ovagen, we pride ourselves on scientific excellence, and we are passionate about the impact of our disruptive technology in transforming the way vaccines are produced to give security of supply and improve global immunisation coverage.
About the position
Our commercialisation plans are now being accelerated. Additionally, a series of studies over the next year are likely to show additional key advantages of Germ Free eggs, further increasing product demand.
This position of Technician is a key appointment and the successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Project Director in our HQ in Ballina, County Mayo.
Key responsibilities include;
- Support the Senior Project Director, to ensure the company has Germ Free (GF) eggs available for evaluation and validation by customers and in scale-up of production.
- Responsible for planning and co-ordination of all procedures including day to day care and maintenance to the highest standards of welfare.
- Day to day procedures involving germ free isolators including but not limited to: set up; aseptic transfer of sterile items and environmental sampling for microbiological analysis.
- Responsible for biosecurity and environmental monitoring in compliance with SOPs and Pharmacopeial requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation, revision of and compliance with SOPs and meticulous record keeping to GMP standards.
- Support the Senior Project Director with the operation and maintenance of the Building Management System (BMS).
The successful candidate will have;
- A degree in Bioveterinary Science/Veterinary Nursing/relevant Science degree
- 2+ years’ practical experience of working in a research environment preferably with aseptic techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team Player who can collaboratively work with cross-functional groups
- High energy and resilience level, team building skills and an ability to anticipate and address potential technical issues
- Strong IT skills i.e. very familiar with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
What we Offer
This is a very important role in Ovagen, and as such, the successful candidate will enjoy a salary befitting this.
This is an opportunity to join Ovagen Group at an exciting time when we are poised for dynamic growth.
If you are interested in applying to the role, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]