Who We Are – Ovagen Group Limited
We are an innovation based biotechnology company that has developed a proprietary process of producing the world’s first Germ Free eggs, for use in vaccine manufacture and other pharmaceutical and research applications. Germ free eggs are the highest quality products available to produce medicines like vaccines, reducing contamination and the need for antimicrobials, as well as improving sustainability and having a positive environmental impact.
As the first company in the world to produce commercial quantities of Germ Free eggs from our state-of-the-art avian facility, we have recently been awarded €10M funding by the European Commission and plans are in place to build two additional Germ Free production facilities and a logistics building to scale-up production.
At Ovagen, we pride ourselves on scientific excellence, and we are passionate about the impact of our disruptive technology in transforming the way vaccines are produced to give security of supply and improve global immunisation coverage.
About the position
Our commercialisation plans are now being accelerated. Additionally, a series of studies over the next year are likely to show additional key advantages of Germ Free eggs, further increasing product demand.
This position of Poultry Veterinarian is a key appointment and the successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Project Director in our HQ in Ballina, County Mayo.
Key responsibilities include;
- Support the Senior Project Director in scale-up of Germ Free egg production.
- Responsible for day to day operations and regulatory compliance of the department.
- Responsible for planning and co-ordination of scheduled procedures.
- Responsible for biosecurity and microbiological status in compliance with SOPs and Pharmacopeial requirements and for dissemination of results.
- Responsible for the preparation, revision of and compliance with SOPs.
- Collaborate internally with other divisions, support services and Company management to achieve goals and targets and shared Company KPI’s.
- Presentations at conferences and to customers.
- Host on-site customer/regulatory authority visits.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a veterinary degree recognised by Veterinary Council of Ireland
- Have SPF/Germ Free experience of working with isolators
- Have 5+ years’ experience of working with poultry
- Have strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate to various functional groups in the organization
- Be a Team Player who can collaboratively work with cross-functional groups
- Have high energy and resilience level, team building skills and an ability to anticipate and address potential technical issues
- Have experience of working in a regulated environment
- Have strong IT skills i.e. very familiar with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Have experience of establishing and maintaining poultry production, nutrition and genetic management programmes
What we Offer
This is a key role in Ovagen, and as such, the successful candidate will enjoy a generous package befitting this.
This is an opportunity to join Ovagen Group at an exciting time when we are poised for dynamic growth.
If you are interested in applying to the role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com