Who We Are – Ovagen Group Limited
We are an innovation based biotechnology company that has developed a proprietary process of producing the world’s first Germ Free eggs, for use in vaccine manufacture and other pharmaceutical and research applications. Germ free eggs are the highest quality products available to produce medicines like vaccines, reducing contamination and the need for antimicrobials, as well as improving sustainability and environmental impacts. We also specialise in avian transgenic technology and we have a fully equipped transgenic laboratory.
As the first company in the world to produce commercial quantities of Germ Free eggs, from our state-of-the-art avian facility, we have recently been awarded €10M funding by the European Commission and plans are in place to build two additional Germ Free production facilities and a logistics building, with which we will scale production to four million Germ Free eggs annually.
At Ovagen, we pride ourselves on scientific excellence, and we are passionate about the impact of our disruptive technology in transforming the way vaccines are produced to give security of supply and improve global immunisation coverage.
About the position
Our commercialisation plans are now being accelerated. Additionally, a series of studies over the next year are likely to show additional key advantages of Germ Free eggs, greatly increasing product demand.
This position of Operations Director is a key appointment and the successful candidate will report directly to our CEO in our HQ in the beautiful town of Ballina, County Mayo.
Key responsibilities include;
- Managing the scale up of Ovagen’s production operation to support the Company in delivering on our ambitious plans to service the global vaccine industry.
- Building, leading & developing a strong production operations team.
- Ensuring that production is operating in accordance with best practice and in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Ensuring that Germ Free egg production and shipments are delivered on time, to budget and in accordance with customer requirements.
- Delivery on quality, efficiency and cost, whilst maintaining ‘Germ Free’ status.
- Providing key operational and strategic input towards Ovagen’s business plan. This will include key operational input into our global expansion plans.
- Supporting grant applications and financial management activities.
- Representing the business at international conferences and client meetings.
The successful candidate will;
- Have strong operational management experience in a highly regulated environment, preferably life sciences, and with a track record of success. 5 years +
- Be educated to Degree level in an engineering, science or business related field.
- Be comfortable managing all aspects of operations – from ground floor to board reporting.
- Have strong leadership skills, including organisational development, team building, relationship building and effective stakeholder management.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have solid strategic and planning capability alongside a strong business acumen.
Whilst experience of operations in a Life Sciences facility is not a requirement, it would be a significant advantage.
What we Offer
This is a senior commercial and operational role, and the successful candidate will enjoy a generous package befitting of this. This is an opportunity to join a positive and dynamic team at Ovagen Group, at an exciting time when we are poised and ready for growth.
If you are interested in applying to the role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org