Who We Are – Ovagen Group Limited
We are an innovation based biotechnology company that has developed a proprietary process of producing the world’s first Germ Free eggs, for use in vaccine manufacture and other pharmaceutical and research applications. Germ free eggs are the highest quality products available to produce medicines like vaccines, reducing contamination and the need for antimicrobials, as well as improving sustainability and environmental impacts.
We also specialise in avian transgenic technology and have a fully equipped transgenic laboratory.
As the first company in the world to produce commercial quantities of Germ Free eggs from our state-of-the-art avian facility, we have recently been awarded €10M funding by the European Commission and plans are in place to build two additional Germ Free production facilities and a logistics building, to scale-up production to four million Germ Free eggs annually.
At Ovagen, we pride ourselves on scientific excellence, and we are passionate about the impact of our disruptive technology in transforming the way vaccines are produced to give security of supply and improve global immunisation coverage.
About the position
Our commercialisation plans are now being accelerated. Additionally, a series of studies over the next year are likely to show additional key advantages of Germ Free eggs, increasing product demand.
This position of Business Development Director is a new appointment and the successful candidate will report directly to the Company CEO.
Key responsibilities include;
- Development of sales and marketing strategy, along with associated implementation plans.
- Relationship management with existing and potential customers.
- Market research, analysis and segmentation – for GF sales strategy development.
- Budget and sales target management.
- Negotiation and development of long term commercial agreements with customers.
- Building, developing and managing a strong Business Development team.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities for the Company.
The successful candidate will;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience in B2B sales within a highly regulated international life sciences sector, and be comfortable with scientific and technical content.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Have excellent financial and negotiation skills.
- Be highly attuned to customer discovery and market analysis, identification of unmet needs and direction of marketing plans.
- Be educated to Degree level in a business or science related field or similar technical discipline.
- Have 5+ Years of senior sales and business development experience in the international life sciences industry, with a proven track record of success.
- Have good knowledge of the vaccine manufacturing industry technologies, players and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Proven relationship building and management experience, including effective stakeholder management expertise.
Whilst experience in the international vaccine industry is not a requirement, it would be a significant advantage.
What we Offer
This is a senior commercial role, and as such, the successful candidate will enjoy a generous package befitting this.
Whilst our Company Headquarters are in Ballina, County Mayo – we will consider hybrid and international working arrangements.
This is an opportunity to join Ovagen Group at an exciting time when we are poised for dynamic growth.
If you are interested in applying to the role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org